Warrior 2 Pose
- correct deformity in legs and tone muscles
- relieve backaches, neck strains
- reduce fat around waist, hips, thighs
- reduce acidity, release gas, remove heaviness and bloating sensations in stomach
- vital organs are stimulated and activated
- improve function of reproduction system
- Stand in Tadasana, jump feet 4 1/2 feet apart, into Utthita Hasta Padasana
- Turn right foot 90 degrees to the right and turn the left foot slightly in, Parsva Hasta Padasana. Breath
- Keeping the center of the trunk vertical exhale and bend the right leg until the thigh and the calf form a right angle. The shin is perpendicular and the thigh is parallel to the floor. The bent knee does not extend past the ankle, but is in line with the heel.
- Maintain the back leg straight, the foot anchored on the floor with the hips in line with the back of the legs.
- Extend the arms out sideways from the center of the chest. Expand the chest. Align the shoulders over the hips.
- Turn the head to face the right and gaze softly at the right hand. Do not turn the trunk.
- Breathe. Pull with the left arm and back foot to come out. Repeat on other side.
- Use a wall with either the heel of the back foot against the wall, or the whole back body against the wall for stability, and alignment
- Yoga Horse for foot, knee, hip, back problems. Be sure to see a CIYT (certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher) for assistance with your practice.
- chair for stability
- Can be done without fear during pregnancy, although using support of a horse or chair is best under guidance of an CIYT.
- Jumping movement and pose can be done during normal menstruation