Setubandha Sarvangasana over Crossed bolsters
Setu bandha Sarvangasana over Crossed bolsters
- relieves backache and strengthens back muscles
- rejuvenates pelvic area
- curative in conditions of inferiority complex, unsteady mental condition in menopause and high blood pressure
- good for hot flashes
- Take two bolsters and cross them over each other like a (+), the bottom one is horizontal and the top is vertical. Belt your top center top thigh and Sit on the vertical bolster and lie back. your head and shoulders will touch the floor.
- Take the arms out to the sides and roll the shoulders under opening the chest then either leave them there or take them over the head.
- Extend the legs one at a time till they are both straight heels resting on the floor or a brick.
- To exit slide towards the head till only the legs are on the top bolster and rest there for a few breathes.
- Press into the heels and move the tailbone towards the hamstrings as you roll the thighs towards on another.
- Open the chest and spread the collarbones
- lower the arms so they are straight
- add a brick under the top bolster top and bottom to add more support for the chest and sacrum as seen in the picture below.
- Add support for the head.