- Relieves stiffness int eh legs and hip muscles and makes the hip joints and spine elastic
- While head is resting on the knee abdominal organs are contracted and tones
- Makes deep breathing easier
- Good for arthritis in neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists and for hunchback
- Calms brain cools down nerves
- From Utthita Hasta Padasana, bring hands into Paschima Namaskarasana turn the back foot and leg in all the way, turn the front leg out 90 degrees and turn the torso so that it is parallel ti the side wall.
- Extend the sides of the trunk up towards the ceiling then forward over the leg pressing the front thigh back as you extend the center of the trunk down the center of the leg.
- Maintain the stability of the feet and legs, press into the back foot lift the trunk up and repeat the pose on the other side keeping the hands in Paschima Namaskarasana.
- Press the outer edge of the back foot and heel as you press the inner edge of the front foot into the ground while you roll the inner back leg from the inside out and move the outer left thigh forward keeping weight in the back heel.
- Lift the kneecaps and extend the inner front leg from the arch of the foot to the groin. Take the outer hips in and lift both sides of the trunk.
- Keep the outer front hip back as you then then both sides of the torso down the center of the leg ans take both shoulder blades in and open the sides of the chest as you lengthen the from of the spine from the perineum to the crown of the head, continue to roll the shoulders back and press the palms of the hands into the thoracic spine and lift eh sternum to the ceiling
- Move the shoulders away from the ears as you relax the neck and lengthen down the leg moving your forehead, nose, then chin down the shin..
- Grab wrists
- Rheumatism may cross arms at the back
- If can’t fold hands behind back or balance, rest fingers on either side of right foot.
- If can’t reach floor use bricks to keep palms on them